Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Judge, Who Me?

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged." Matt 7:1

This is one of our favorite verses to pull out of our collection of pocket scriptures, especially when we feel like someone has stepped on our toes. I don't think Jesus gave this promise to us to use as an offensive weapon, rather to use as a measuring stick to judge our own behavior. It is so easy for me to judge you. I can tell you exactly how you should be living your life, even though my life is so jacked up I can't begin to explain it to myself.
If we read just a little further, we can put it all in context. "And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in you own?" Matt 7:3
What we need to be doing, is working on our own short comings rather than gossiping about our neighbors. This is the teaching of Jesus. I don't know what you're going through, but one of the biggest lies you will be told is that you're not good enough for God. Don't listen to that stuff, none of us are "good enough." The good thing is Jesus is good enough for all of us. If you would like to know more about a relationship with the Lord, contact Frontline Church, using the link on this page. There are people there waiting to hear from you. If you would just like to talk or need someone to pray with, contact me directly; rlwhitener@gmail.com
Thanks for following along,
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment