Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Giving Cheerfully

Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7 ESV
http://bible.com/59/2co.9.7.ESV
Under the law, a tithe was required. 10% of the first fruits were to be brought to the temple. It was the law. We have been delivered from the law, but I have found that a new law written on my heart. I give to the church a certain amount each week. I also give to Christian organizations and individuals. I love to give, because I am giving more than money, I'm giving hope through the love of Jesus.
Our attitude when we give is more important than the amount we give. We don't have to be embarrassed if we can give only a small gift. God is concerned about how we give from the resources we have. One thing I have discovered, is I can't out give God! He is faithful to meet all of my needs.
If you are searching for answers, feel free to ask anything. If I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does. Thanks for following along, God bless you on your journey. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment