Thursday, June 9, 2016

If You Must Boast

“Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.
2 Corinthians 10:17-18 ESV
http://bible.com/59/2co.10.17-18.ESV
The Lord has blessed me with the ability to communicate in such a way that I sell customers an idea. Sometimes it's months after they've paid me before they even see what it was they purchased. It's very difficult sometimes not to get puffed up with pride. Of course when I do, he allows me to hit a dry spell and suffer a little financially. I'm going through that right now, I thank God that I am, for hopefully I'll be better at giving him the credit he is due.
When we do something well, we want to tell others and be recognized. But recognition is dangerous-it can lead to inflated pride. How much better it is to seek the praise of God rather than the praise of people. Then, when we receive praise, we will be free to give God the credit. What should you change about the way you live in order to receive God's commendation?
Are you struggling with what a "Christian walk" is supposed to look like? Do you feel completely unworthy or not good enough. Many times this is the very reason we boast, to build ourselves up. Contact me with your questions, if I don't have the answer I will search for it with you. Thanks for following along. God bless you and yours. Have a great Thursday!!
Feel free to message me or send an email. rlwhitener01@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment