Monday, August 3, 2015

how can I tell if me and God are cool?

Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck;
Write them on the tablet of your heart.
So you will find favor and Good success in the sight of God and man.
             Proverbs 3:3-4


   What is Solomon telling us?   That as long as we please people, we're good with God?  Not at all!  The New treatment says to be friends with the world is to be enemies of God. So what does this mean?
It's by loving God first, then loving  our neighbours well.  The best way to know how good our relationship is with the Lord, is to examine how well we treat others.  You can't hate your neighbor and love Jesus at the same time.  That would make you a double minded man, unstable in all of your ways.
I'm not talking about works, if it weren't for grace, none of us could even hope to make it through, however relationships are at the very heart of God.  It's his will for us to love each other the same way as he loves us.

If you would like to know more about Jesus,  feel free to contact me  rlwitener01@gmail.com.

Thanks for following along, God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Ron, had you on my heart ever since we spoke. I'm praying for your success and for your ministry. Finally at this stage of my life,I have found peace with The Lord and I'm working at living right and staying within God's will. Seems The Lord has been using me to reach out and encourage and trusting in Him to carry us through. Appreciate your kind words the other day, look forward to visiting with you in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don, you have always treated me well. You have been a good friend to me and my kids. You've been a mentor and more than that, a brother.
      It never ceases to amaze me how God works, we seem to follow the same pattern set by a higher thinker than ourselves. I am looking forward to hanging out together soon!!

      Delete