Friday, July 9, 2010

Fellowship - Embrace It

And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25 NLT

What a privilege it is to hang out with Christians! I never used to think so, but that was before I got saved. :)
I believe this particular verse is probably encouraging us to attend church, and this is very important if we are going to grow in our faith. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17 You might say, "I don't have to go to church to hear the word of God, I have TV, an Ipod, a computer and every other electronic device known to man. Church sucks and I'd rather stay home and praise God in my own way." Dude, if that is where your heart is, you really need to be in church!! There is a time and place where electronic church is cool, but if you can physically get to a place where the word is being taught, GO!
Not only do we need to be fed spiritually, which is the whole point of a "church" meeting, but the encouragement from another person is more valuable than we realize, until we're the one needing or even giving the encouragement. What a blessing it is to be able to help lift up a brother or sister in the Lord, when life is throwing it at them hard. It's not like this is ever easy, it's not designed to be. That is why God places us in relationship with each other, to lift each other up during the hard times and to celebrate our victories in the good times. We need each other.
Other than church, just hanging out with other believers so cool! Some of the best times I've ever had in my life have been at Christian concerts. How awesome it was for instance at the Hillsong United concert, at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Oklahoma. Thousands of Christians, (mostly young but a few older guys like myself) praising the Lord! One of the most memorable nights of my life! A very small glimpse of what Heaven will be like!
I encourage you to get plugged in to a local body of believers. If you need help with this, click on one of the church links on my page. They will help you no matter where you live. You don't have to go to their church.
If you would like to know more about Jesus, you can also click on one of the church links, or email me; rlwhitener@gmail.com I would love to answer any questions, pray with you or just listen to you.
Thanks for following along.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment