Tuesday, July 17, 2018

I Never Said it Would Be Easy....

For nothing will be impossible with God."
Luke 1:37 ESV

         Living life is messy, most of the time.  As children we struggle with simply trying to  figure out where we fit in.  How do we gain acceptance from our peers.  How did the captain of the basketball team become that?  How did the juvenile delinquent end up on the other end of the spectrum?
          As our journey continues, so do the struggles, relationships, jobs, transportation, a place to live..., the list goes on and on.  How does anybody make it?  It's all very overwhelming.
           Luke, the Physician, summed it all up in his "gospel."

For nothing will be impossible with God.                    Luke 1:34

Discuss your doubts and fears with the Lord.  You're in relationship with the Creator of everything, how can you fail?
           As an addict, who claims the Lord, lines can get very blurry.  On one hand I am constantly beating myself up for stumbling around like a blind man.  Then, one of my best friends finds entertainment in pointing out that I'm the walking definition of a hypocrite.  Not to mention all the good church people who smile and shake me hand, but in their eyes I can see the disgust they have for me.
          But all of it keeps me thankful that Jesus loves me.  He only has my good om his agenda.  I never have to worry that he is slamming me behind my back I know I can trust him. I know his love for me is sincere and secure and through it all I know that all things are possible because what is too difficult for him.
               Are you struggling?  Do you feel alone and confused?  I'm always here for you, email me;
rlwhitener@gmail.com
Thanks for following along, may God richly bless you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment