Wednesday, July 18, 2018

We All Fall Down

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,
1 Peter 5:6 ESV

     Pride is the root cause of most of the problems in our world today.  That's a pretty bold statement, but it is undeniably the truth.
      Pride says, "I'm good enough to handle this on my own."  God says, "pride goes before the fall."
       As I write the commentaries for Pushing Back Darkness, I use myself as an example, most of the time.  I do this to keep from exposing other people's past, but also because I want to show you the extent of God's mercy.  It is never ending.  I have fallen so many times I've lost count.  Yet He keeps picking me back up and loving me into the man he created me to be.
     Why does he do that?  Because it is his nature, it's who he is.  He loves us so much, that he sent his only begotten son to save us from ourselves.  Jesus, humbled himself, was born of a woman, suckled from her breast, allowed her to change his dirty diapers, was ridiculed by bullies, beat to the point of of being unrecognizable and finally hung on a cross until he died.  He did this for you and me.  He didn't have to, but he humbled himself before the Father and said, nevertheless, your will be done.
     When we learn to humble ourselves before God, then we can expect real change in our lives.  Then things begin to work in our favor.
     If you have questions, would like prayer or just need someone to talk with, contact me.
rlwhitener@gmail.com
Thanks for following along.

No comments:

Post a Comment