Monday, January 14, 2019

New Mercies Every Morning

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22‭-‬23 ESV

God is so good!  His love never ceases and his mercies never come to an end.  If you're day was bad and things didn't go exactly the way you planned, good news bro, every morning ôur heavenly father, in his goodness, provides us with new mercies!  How awesome is that?
There are so many promises that God has made to prosper, heal, protect, love and forgive us, that I can't even count them all.  In Jeremiah, chapter 29:11 God tells us,
"I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord.  Thoughts of good and not of evil, to give you a hope and an expected end."
God is all about loving you through it all!  He is all about us.  Everything he does is intended to bring us into relationship with him.  Everything.  Did you know that there is nothing you can do to make God love you anymore than he does right now, just like there is nothing you can do to make him love you less.  As a matter of fact, while we were yet sinners, enemy's of God according to the bible, he sent Jesus to die  for our sin.
John 3:16 teaches
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish, but have life and life everlasting."
You know what?  I have lived one of the darkest lives you could ever imagine.  Over 40 years of drug abuse.  Almost 50 years of immorality.  16 years spent in prison.  Divorced.  A waisted youth?  A waisted life?  Not at all.  God, being the good father he is, kept me alive through all my madness, to bring glory to his name.   In 1982, the Lord saved me.  It was a Wednesday night service, at a small neighborhood church called Lighthouse Tabernacle in Oklahoma City.  The pastor, Joel Lamb, turned out to be my neighbor.  I was such a hard headed youngster, but Joel demonstrated the love of Jesus all the time.  He is the most sincere follower of Jesus, I've ever known.  I love him and his family just like I was born into it. 
Obviously I didn't walk in faith during much of the time since my salvation, but God stayed faithful even when I didn't.  Why?  Because that's who he is.  He knew that one day i'd be in Central Florida, producing pushing back darkness video blogs so you could have an opportunity to meet Jesus.  If you're already a Christian, then hopefully this will encourage you in your walk.  Of course the ultimate would be if you would join with me and help the ministry grow.  How can you do that?  Share this blog with your friends, family members and your pastor.  Also, pray that God would open doors so I can give my testimony to youth groups, recovery groups, community church's and anywhere that someone may hear what horrors I committed and what drug abuse has cost me in terms of relationships, jobs, possessions and money. Let's show the generation coming up, the love of Jesus, and stop allowing them to cut their teeth on gangsta rap, drugs, sex and violence.

Would you like to know more about Jesus?  What it looks like to live a Christian life?  Would you like someone to stand with you in prayer?  Whatever your need or reason, feel free to contact me direct; rlwhitener01@gmail.com

Thank you for following along.  May God richly bless you and yours.... Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment