Sunday, January 13, 2019

We've Been Commissioned

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!" But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?" So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Romans 10:14‭-‬17 ESV

     I felt the call of the Lord on my life very early in my walk.  I have been a  Christian, since the early 80's.  I was saved in a momentof desperation while watching TBN.  For some of you younger believers, TBN was and very possibly still is, a huge television network that was caught up in the faith movement.  Name it -Claim it genie bottle Christianity, is not what the gospel teaches, but that's a different lesson.
      Anyway, I have done a little preaching, a little teaching and very little witnessing.  I never had the confidence it took to stand in front of people, knowing the me they never saw an. trying to tell them how to have a right relationship with God.  I never believed I was in a right relationship so how could I have the audacity to try and tell someone else how to do it?
      What a beautiful lie the devil has told and been telling since the garden.  You're not good enough.  You need to go to Bible College first.  You haven't been delivered from that, stop lying.
     So I have listened to the voices in and out of my head, rather than listening to the still quiet voice in my heart.
     What has changed?
      My ôbedience reflected through this blog.  Ì've been reading the past few years of posts I've written by the leading of the Holy Spirit.  God has placed a gift in me of clear and relatable communication.  I am perfect for the job he called me to do because He is perfect.  The same spirit that raised Jesus from the grave is living within me.
      I'm not perfect, but God is!
      Even though I may be the chief among sinners and a man with unclean lips, I am a man after Gods own heart.  I can only do what he says do.  Like Balaam, I can only say what he says to say.
     If you know you're supposed to be doing something, don't allow the negativity of the people you've surrounded yourself with, to hold you down.  How will they hear if no one tells them?

 Would you like to know more about Jesus?  Feel free to contact me; rlwhitener01@gmail.com
Thanks for following along.  May God richly bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment